In an effort to provide comprehensive and evidence-based care for our patients and families, here is a list of services that The Village Pediatric and Wellness Center offers:
- Prenatal and physician-introduction consultations
- Comprehensive physical exams from birth through age 25
- General Pediatric Care
- Well-child check-ups
- Medical consultations
- Preventive medicine
- Immigration Medical Services
- Consultations for school problems related to Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Morning sick-visits
- Specialized consultations regarding school performance, behavioral problems, growth, and developmental concerns, family dynamics, and nutritional counseling
- Vaccine information & vaccine adverse event reporting
- Pre-surgical evaluations
- Physician available by phone for urgent concerns
- Health forms for school, sports participation and summer camp
- Participation with nearly every major insurance carrier
- Electronic medical records initiated in 2012 to track history, medications and all medical information accurately and efficiently
- Coordination of care with hospitals, specialists and schools to ensure that families are receiving the care they need.
Well Child Check-ups/Physicals
Well child visits are times not only to see how your child is growing and to keep current with immunizations, but also to give parents the chance to raise questions and concerns about their child’s development, behavior, and general well-being — questions that are often difficult to discuss during sick visits.
Preventive care is a crucial part of your child’s total health care, and well child check-ups and physicals are important even when your child is healthy. These appointments are scheduled to allow the physician additional time to assess and discuss your child’s health and to address your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
Well child visits and physicals can be made with any physician in the practice. Therefore, you can choose which doctor your child will see for each well child visit or physical. In general, the further in advance you call, the more likely you will be to get an appointment with the doctor of your choice. We also have weekday evening appointments available for well child visits.
Insurance and Payment Options
We accept most insurance plans. We also provide membership packages to accommodate the needs of families with no, or insufficient, insurance coverage. Please call our office to make an appointment, and we will answer any questions you may have. Cash, checks and credit cards also are acceptable forms of payment.
Insurances accepted: Aetna, Cigna, Blue Care Blue Cross, Care First, Amerigroup, United HealthCare, Tricare, Maryland Physicians Care, MedStar Family Choice, University of Maryland Health Partners, Johns Hopkins Healthcare and others.